Starch capsules are good, and they are expensive in price. Many manufacturers sell shoddy products for huge profits. Therefore, it is very important to know how to identify starch capsules. And capsules can be identified according to the physical and chemical properties of starch:
1. With iodine, starch will turn to blue, and this feature can be applied to identify the capsule.
Below is the detailed identification process:
Preparation: a transparent glass cup, 5 pieces of capsules, a few drops of iodine tincture, and a stir bar.
Steps: a. add a half cup of warm water of around 40 degrees Celsius to the transparent glass
- Put in 5 pcs capsules, and stir with a stir bar for about 10 minutes
- Add 3-5 drops of iodine tincture into the cup.
Conclusion: check the color of the water in the cup. If it turns blue, the tested capsules are starch capsules, otherwise, the tested capsules are not starch capsules
- There will be a smell of burnt food, if burns starch. So, it is workable to identify through the smell caused by burning capsules.
- Put the capsule into the warm water of 37 degrees Celsius. For starch capsules, the color will change from transparent to milky white.